The opening of the first pub at a motorway service station has been greeted with joy by Britain's functioning alcoholics.
"Thank goodness you can now get a drink while you're out driving on the motorway," one told HuffPost UK Comedy. "Going for a few hours without touching a drop can be unbearable sometimes... and yet drinking beer out of a can in your car is still socially unacceptable."
Other functioning alcoholics praised the move for "bringing hope to long family journeys."
"Hopefully this is the thin end of the wedge," one told us, "and they will soon open pubs in hospitals, gyms and nurseries."
- 'Stop Saying 'It's Like The Salem Witch Trials''
- Possible Reasons For 7 British Weather Disasters, According To Ukip
- Nick Clegg Urged To Apologise For Distress He's Caused To Lib Dems
- WATCH: The 'Benefit Street' Sequel We've Been Wanting
- 2014 Oscar Snubs Announced
- BREAKING: Woman Turns 40
- Liam Payne Neither Confirms Nor Denies He Is Batman
- How To Reduce The Amount You Read About Sugar
- Nobody Surprised Frenchman May Have Had An Affair
- Nick Griffin's Cookery Book Is Unveiled
- LOOK: Prince William's Agriculture Course Syllabus
Suggest a correction