Yes, you read that right. The Scotch no longer have the monopoly on savoury chocolate heart-attack fare (deep fried Mars Bar anyone?)
Butcher Graham Eyes from Southport, Merseyside has created Scotch Crème Eggs – that is a Cadbury’s Crème Egg wrapped in sausage meat and seasonings.
Scotch Creme Eggs: Sausage meat and chocolate morsels
Eyes, who last year served up Cadbury’s Mini Egg sausages, said: "Some of my customers can't wait to try them but other people think they just sound disgusting.
"Personally I think they are really tasty, I really like them - they've got a really interesting taste.
"You've got the sweetness from the chocolate, contrasting with the chilli and lime that we use in the coating - but the flavours go really well together.”
Butcher Graham Eyes and his meaty chocolatey treats
Should you be unable to make it to Merseyside, the generous butcher has provided a recipe. (Keep scrolling for more pedestrian Cadbury's Creme Egg recipes that don't include meat):
1. Pre-heat your oven to 190 C / 375 F / Gas Mark 5. Unwrap one 34g Cadbury's Creme Egg.
2. Take two 60g pork sausages and remove the outer casing, before mixing together.
3. Encase the Cadbury's Creme Egg inside the sausage meat.
4. Rub the encased egg in a blend of finely chopped chilli (deseed if necessary to reduce heat) and lime juice.
5. De-crust two slices of white bread and place in a blender. Blitz for 30 seconds or until it becomes a fine texture.
6. Rub the encased egg in the breadcrumbs and place on a baking tray.
7. Cook for 35 minutes.
8. Lightly dust chocolate powder to finish. Serve with whipped cream or custard.
Get the Cadbury Creme Egg Stuffed Cookies recipe by Buns In My Oven
Get the Creme Egg Cupcakes recipe by Sticky Pinny
Get the Cheesecake-Filled Chocolate Easter Egg Cups recipe by Raspberri Cupcake This creme egg does not use Cadbury Creme Eggs as an ingredient; it only served as the inspiration behind this chocolate-covered cheesecake.
Get the Cadbury Creme Egg Pull Apart Sweet Rolls recipe by Chocolate Moosey
Get the Cadbury Egg Doughnuts recipe
Get the Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies recipe by Leanne Bakes
Get the Cadbury Creme Egg + Soldiers recipe by Alanabread
Get the Cadbury Creme Egg Mess recipe by Holly Bell of Recipes From A Normal Mum
Get the Cadbury Creme Egg Milkshake recipe by Call Me Fudge
Get the Homemade Cadbury Creme Eggs recipe by Not Without Salt If you don't want to have to wait for Easter to get your fix, you can make your own creme eggs.
Get the Cadbury Egg Cupcake recipe by Courtney via Pizzazezrie
Get the Creme Egg Macarons recipe by Butter Hearts Sugar