To mark the 10 year anniversary of the London 7/7 terrorist attacks, HuffPost UK is running Beyond The Bombings, a special series of interviews, blogs, in-depth features and exclusive research reflecting on how Britain has changed since.
The London 7/7 bombings were an unprecedented attack on the UK capital.
As media and commuters scrambled for information, the details were at first confused. The BBC reported for several hours that the cause of the travel problems in the city that day was a 'power surge'.
But by July 8 the full horror of the situation was apparent, and Britain's newspapers revealed the nation's shock, pain and outrage on their front pages just ours after 52 people died and nearly 800 were injured.
MORE BEYOND THE BOMBINGS:
- EXCLUSIVE: More Than Half Of Britons Now See Muslims As A Threat
- Remembering Each Victim Of the 7/7 Bombings
- Gill Hicks, Inspirational 7/7 Bombings Survivor, Reveals Why She'll Never Give Up Fighting Extremism
- The Ex-Guardian Journalist Who Accidentally Fuelled 7/7 Conspiracy Theories
- Grief And Kindness In 'A Song For Jenny' On BBC
ON THE BLOG:Suggest a correction
- Dame Tessa Jowell On How the Bombings Showed Our Country Is The Model of Resilience
- The Church Rector: 'Jesus Was Walking The Streets Of Holborn That Day'
- Miriam's Vision: We All Have the Potential to Replace Hatred With Compassion
- 7/7 - When My Routine Turned Into a Nightmare
- How the Terror Came to My Doorstep
- How I Escaped With My Life Through Sheer Luck On July 7
- Introducing Beyond the Bombings
- Caroline Feraday: That Night I Hosted the LBC Radio Phone-In