Now this draft plan is on the table the referendum campaign begins in earnest. It is the biggest vote in a generation and it will settle not only Britain's relations with Europe but also our place in the world.
The Liberal Democrats are the only party united in the case to remain. Together the EU has created the world's largest free trade area, delivered peace, and continues to give the British people the opportunity to live, work and travel freely. History shows that Britain is better when it is united with Europe.
While campaigns trade statistics, anecdotes and I'm sure quite a few insults- and that is just Vote Leave and Leave.EU- people are already a bit worn down by it all.
In amongst all this, the Liberal Democrat portion of the campaign of it will be laying out a positive agenda about why we are IN together.
In Europe, Britain can thrive. Together we will be a stronger and more prosperous nation, creating opportunity for future generations, respected all over the world.
Together we are stronger in the fight against the global problems that don't stop at borders. We can stop international crime, we can fight climate change, and together we will provide hope and opportunity for the future.
1. Prosperity: Remaining in works for Britain. Britain is already stronger and better off trading and working with Europe. We are part of the world's largest single market, allowing British businesses to grow and prosper.
2. Peace: After decades of brutal conflict, European nations came together in cooperation. To this day, neighbours and allies support each other in what remains the world's most successful project in peace.
3. Opportunity: British people have more opportunities to work, travel and learn than ever before. Staying in Europe gives our children and grandchildren greater prospects, and the best chance to succeed.
4. Environment: Protecting the natural environment remains one of the planet's biggest challenges, for health, for food stocks and for climate change. These problems are tackled better when we all come together.
5. Security: Together we are stronger against terrorists who despise our liberal and modern way of life. And together we can break the criminal gangs who threaten our country with the illegal drugs trade, weapons and human trafficking.
It is not the time to turn our backs on Europe, leaving us isolated, side-lined and alone.
By voting to remain in, Britain can thrive.
Together we show the world an open, outward-facing Britain we can all be proud of. Join the Liberal Democrat campaign today, to remain in together, and to stand up for the type of Britain you think we should be.
Tim Farron is the leader of the Liberal Democrats and the MP for Westmorland and Lonsdale