Like it or not, sandal season is almost here... Are you afraid to reveal your plates of meat to the world? Get your feet ready in five fuss-free steps:
1. GET TRIM: Remove your old polish and shape and trim your nails. Cut straight across and under no circumstances should you cut the corners, unless you're in the market for ingrowing toenails.
2. GET SOAKED: Fill a basin with warm water and add a dash of Epsom salts (this is an emollient that soften the skin and relaxed the muscles) and a few drops of essential oils. If you have a few smooth pebbles knocking about, we urge you to chuck these in as they will massage your feet. Soak your feet for at least 15 minutes.
3. EXFOLIATE: Get yourself a pumice stone and some foot scrub (we're obsessed with Leighton Denny's Sole Mate exfoliator). Pay particular attention to the backs of your feet and rinse off any excess.
4. MOISTURISE: This step is crucial. Soft and moisturised feet are half the battle when it comes to making them acceptable for public viewing - so ladle it on. If you need a really intense hit, we love Margaret Dabbs' Intensive Treatment Foot Oil.
5. DRESS THEM UP: Nod to this season's pretty palette for an instant update to your look (see our pick of spring nail polishes below). Remember to apply a base coat and a top coat though; chipped nails are never ok...