06/10/2012 05:56 BST

April Jones Hunt Resumes After Weather Cancelled Overnight Searches (PICTURES)

The hunt for missing April Jones resumed on Saturday morning after searchers were stood down overnight due to atrocious weather.

The decision offered search teams the chance to recharge their batteries.

The five-year-old went missing from the Bryn-y-Gog estate where she lives in Machynlleth, mid Wales, on Monday evening.

She was seen to willingly get into what is believed to have been a Land Rover Discovery.

april jones

April was last seen getting willingly into a car on the estate where she lived

Mark Bridger, 46, a local man known to April's family, was arrested on suspicion of abduction on Tuesday afternoon.

His Land Rover Discovery was also seized by police and is undergoing forensic examination.

On Friday, police announced Mr Bridger had been arrested on suspicion of murder, indicating they no longer expect to find April alive.

Police were granted a final 24 hours to question the former lifeguard. The custody limit expires this afternoon after which he must be released or charged.

Emergency services including the Coastguard, RNLI, RAF mountain rescue and 150 members of mountain rescue teams from across the UK have been searching continuously since April vanished.

april jones

Police are concentrating their hunt on a section of the River Dyfi

Many are refusing to give up hope that she will be found alive five nights after her disappearance and continue to wear pink ribbons in support of the family.

Coral Jones, 40, April's mother, called on the community to wear the ribbons, in her daughter's favourite colour, as a symbol of hope.

Residents, police officers, homes, cars and shops were quickly festooned with pink ribbons in a massive symbolic show of solidarity.

Gwenfair Glyn, acting head teacher at Machynlleth Primary School, said: "We are still clinging to hope that April will be returned to us.

april jones pink ribbon

The town has taken to wearing pink ribbons as a signal of hope that April will be found

"As more time goes on we are becoming increasingly concerned for her safety but we refuse to give up hope and are praying that April is alive."

Search teams are focusing their resources on a relatively short expanse of the River Dyfi outside the town.

Mr Bridger was arrested two miles north of the town, walking not far from the river and wearing waterproof trousers.

The last place he is known to have been living, a further three miles away in the village of Ceinws, is also close to the Dyfi.

Comments has been closed on this entry for legal reasons