26/11/2012 06:49 GMT | Updated 22/05/2015 06:12 BST

Dad's Fury As Son Eats FINGERNAIL Thought To Have Come From Jar Of Baby Food

Dad's fury as son eats FINGERNAIL thought to have come from jar of baby food
A dad has spoken of his outrage after his five-month-old baby son nearly choked on a FINGERNAIL allegedly found in a jar of baby food.

Christopher Bovington, 25, was feeding baby Theodore when he made the grim discovery.

Little Theodore began coughing and spluttering after a spoonful of the food, and his concerned dad peered in to his mouth to see what was causing it.

"I thought, 'what the hell is going on?' I wanted to know what the hell it was," he told his local paper."I was looking in the back of his mouth. I thought it might be a wet cough, but it was a fingernail right in the back of his mouth on his uvula.

"I started to panic and my partner was screaming. She held his head and was trying to get it, but every time he coughed it moved further backwards."

Eventually the frantic dad removed it from his son's throat.

Furious Christopher contacted the food manufacturers, Heinz, who said it would investigate the incident.

"It is not right for it to happen, it could happen to someone else." Christopher told the Welwyn and Hatfield Times.

In a statement - which misspells Mr Bovington's name - Heinz said that the 'quality and purity of our baby foods remains our utmost priority'.

"We were concerned to hear from Mr Bollington [sic] and his experience with one of our baby foods," they wrote. "This variety is also strained through an extremely fine mesh. This is an isolated complaint and we are keen to carry out a full investigation as soon as the product is returned to us in the packaging."