Styles - who was mocked by his ex Taylor Swift at the Grammys this week - could manage only sixth place in the poll by We Love Pop magazine.
Floppy-haired George Shelley from 'X Factor' rejects Union J finished a place above him at number five in the poll.
Runner-up in the list was Nathan Sykes from boyband The Wanted, while a third member of 1D made the top 10 with Louis Thomlinson in eighth spot.
We Love Pop editor Malcolm Mackenzie says: "Like most people, we expected Harry Styles to come out top - but it seems girls are getting fed up with pop stars who cover themselves in tattoos, smoke and jump from one girlfriend to the next. These results show that good boys are hot at the moment."
- Niall Horan (One Direction)
- Nathan Sykes (The Wanted)
- Justin Bieber
- Tom Daley
- George Shelley (Union J)
- Harry Styles (One Direction)
- Aston Merrygold (JLS)
- Louis Thomlinson (One Direction)
- Joss Hutcherston ('The Hunger Games')
- Richard Wisker (CBBC's 'Friday Download' presenter)
> IN PICS: 14 FANTASY CELEB COUPLES FOR VALENTINE'S DAY