06/03/2013 11:43 GMT | Updated 06/03/2013 16:23 GMT

Investigation Launched Into 'Sex Parties' At Home Of Liberal Democrat Councillor David Fuller

An investigation is underway after reports that a councillor was hosting sex parties at his home.

David Fuller, a Liberal Democrat councillor at Portsmouth City Council, has reportedly been holding the events, called MissUse parties hosted by a Mistress Sarah, at a three-bedroom detached property in The Avenue, Fareham, Hampshire.

An investigation by the Southern Daily Echo found a woman covered in bubble wrap and a man pretending to be a dog at the home of the Lib Dem councillor.

Fareham Borough Council said it would investigate the parties to establish whether they have breached licensing or planning regulations.

According to the Daily Echo, guests are charged a £15 entry fee per person at the venue as a "contribution" to soft drinks and a buffet.


And interested people are sent invitations via a social networking site for people who enjoy an "alternative lifestyle".

Cllr Fuller, who is the deputy chairman of neighbouring Portsmouth City Council's licensing committee, told the paper: "I don't do anything illegal, but I'd rather not carry on this conversation."

He later told the Press Association: "No mate, I am not talking at the moment, no comment."

On his page on the Portsmouth council's website, Cllr Fuller, who represents the Fratton area, states that he is a freemason and works as the manager of care home.

It also says: "I very much enjoy being on the licensing committee, meeting members of the public, and engaging in local issues."

Cllr Sean Woodward, the Conservative leader of Fareham Borough Council, said that he would ask his planning and licensing officers to investigate the property.

But he admitted that the authority had not received any complaints about the parties.

He said: "We do not have any such premises in Fareham so I would want to see if it is a breach of licensing or planning.

"I will certainly have to investigate now that I know it is out there.

"If it exists it needs to be properly licensed and it could have its licence refused if it is in breach of planning or licensing controls."

He added: "As a member of a licensing authority, he should be well aware of the rules."