The fiancee of murdered soldier Lee Rigby has said she is "devastated" by his loss and has been moved by all the tributes to a "great man".
Aimee West released a short statement through Scotland Yard to say: "I am devastated by the loss of Lee who was a loving fiance.
"I am extremely proud of him and I am moved by all the flowers and tributes, and that he has been remembered by the nation as the great man that he was.
"I ask that mine and my family's privacy is respected during this difficult time".
Meanwhile, piles of floral tributes were left near where Drummer Rigby was hacked to death in Woolwich, south east London, last week.
Among those visiting the site was Ingrid Loyau-Kennett, praised for her bravery in calmly talking to one of the attackers as he stood clutching a knife with bloodied hands.
Speaking beside the piles of floral tributes to Drummer Rigby, she said: "It's the public displaying their shock and showing that they are behind the British Army and the soldiers and that this is something they will not accept."
The Frenchwoman, who has lived in Britain for nearly 30 years, has been thrust into the limelight since she confronted one of the alleged killers.
She said: "I don't want to think too much. Maybe later when I'll be on my own it will start to sink in."
Remembering the wake of the attack on May 22, she said: "I didn't have time to feel really, just something in my brain told me to do it and I just did it. I had a feeling that he wanted to communicate something.
"I wondered if he thought one murder might not be enough to get attention, maybe he needed to kill a second time. I didn't want him to think that."
Earlier, detectives investigating Drummer Rigby's murder issued a new appeal for information at the scene as it was confirmed that the soldier died from multiple stab wounds.
Commander Simon Letchford renewed appeals for any witnesses to the attack, or anyone with any information, to come forward.
Police are also calling for information on the blue Vauxhall Tigra, registration N696 JWX, that hit Drummer Rigby last Wednesday afternoon.
Michael Adebowale and Michael Adebolajo were both shot in the wake of the brutal murder near Woolwich barracks.
Adebowale was discharged from hospital and taken into police custody yesterday, while Adebolajo remains in hospital.
A senior officer also revealed that the police marksmen involved in shooting two of the 25-year-old's suspected killers could be back on duty within weeks.
Chief Superintendent Alistair Sutherland said he 'certainly hopes' officers involved in the shooting of the two suspects will return to normal duties soon.