24/09/2013 09:35 BST

Restaurant Fire At Jamie Oliver's Barbecoa Leads To Shopping Mall Evacuation

Barbecoa Jamie Oliver And Adam Perry Lang Restaurant, New Change Passage, London, Ec4M, United Kingdom, Architect: Design Research Studio With Lighting By Speirs And Major, 2011, Barbecoa, Butcher'S Shop, Design Research Studio With Lighting By Speirs And Major, London, 2011, Exterior View Along Facade (Photo by View Pictures/UIG via Getty Images)

Around 150 people were evacuated from a shopping centre today after a fire at Jamie Oliver's Barbecoa restaurant in London.

Four fire engines and more than 20 firefighters tackled the blaze at the eaterie which bills itself on its website as "a celebration of fire-based cooking", London Fire Brigade said.

Part of the ducting, in the first-floor restaurant's extraction system, had caught light and was put out by around 12.30, a fire brigade spokesman said.

barbecoa restaurant

The restaurant near St Paul's Cathedral

The cause of the blaze in New Change Passage, on Cheapside in the City of London, to which firefighters were called at shortly before 11am, is being investigated.

London Fire Brigade tweeted: "Around 150 were evacuated from a nearby shopping centre before we arrived. All were uninjured."

There are no reports of any other injuries.

Staff manning the restaurant's reservation telephone line this lunchtime were telling callers it was shut for 24 hours for "operational reasons".