The mother of tragic Baby P has been released from prison.
Tracey Connelly had been jailed indefinitely - with a minimum of five years - in 2009 for her part in her son Peter's death.
But it has been confirmed that she went free after the Parole Board recommended her release following a second review of her case.
The Sun, which revealed the released under the headline 'Monster Mum Freed', said she would get a new surname but not a full new identity.
The Parole Board confirmed recently that a three-member panel had directed her release.
It said then: ''Tracey Connelly first became eligible for parole in August 2012, and at that time a Parole Board panel made no recommendation to release.
''This is the second parole review for Tracey Connelly. The decision to release is a matter for the board, which is independent - arrangements and the date of the release are a matter for the Secretary of State.''
Baby P died on August 3 2007 with more than 50 injuries, despite being on the at-risk register and receiving 60 visits from social workers, police and health professionals over eight months.
Connelly admitted causing or allowing her son's death soon after being charged and served several hundred days on remand.
She has been held at Low Newton jail near Durham, it is believed.
Connelly was given a so-called imprisonment for public protection (IPP) sentence, which carries a minimum term.
An IPP sentence prisoner is eligible to be considered for release by the Parole Board when the minimum term is served.
When making its decision, the Parole Board will take into account the nature of the offence, the prisoner's offending history, the prisoner's progress in prison and any statements made on behalf of the victim.
Reports from psychologists, probation officers and prison officers are also taken into account.
Connelly will remain on licence for the rest of her life and if she breaches any of the conditions, she will probably be recalled to custody.
Her son died at his home in Tottenham, north London, a day after police told Connelly she would not be prosecuted over abuse of the 17-month-old.
Connelly was jailed with her boyfriend Steven Barker and his brother Jason Owen, who were convicted at trial of the same offence.
Barker was jailed for life with a minimum of 10 years for raping a two-year-old girl and given a 12-year term to run concurrently for his ''major role'' in Peter's death.
Owen was jailed indefinitely with a minimum three-year term but later won an appeal to lower it to a fixed six-year term.
He was freed in August 2011 but was then recalled to prison again in April this year.
News of Connelly's release comes just days after it was reported that former child protection boss Sharon Shoesmith is to receive a payout of up to £600,000 over her unfair dismissal following the Baby P tragedy.
Shoesmith was fired from her £133,000-a-year job by Haringey Council without compensation in December 2008, after a report from regulator Ofsted exposed that her department failed to protect 17-month-old Peter - then known publicly as Baby P.
Her lawyers argued that she was the victim of ''a flagrant breach of natural justice'' fuelled by a media witch-hunt.