Ellie Goulding may have opted for a racy see-through lace dress for the MTV EMA Awards, but she erred on the cautious side with a pair of underpants that could have been borrowed from Bridget Jones's lingerie drawer.
Asked bluntly by a Dutch reporter why she was wearing such big underpants, the 'Burn' singer explained, "I do like to have a little bit of privacy under the dress."
> MORE MTV EMAs:
- MTV EMAs 2013: Iggy Azalea Suffers Major Wardrobe Malfunction (NSFW PIC)
- MTV EMAs 2013: Miley Lights Up A Storm By Smoking What Appears To Be A Joint On Stage
- MTV EMAs 2013: Ellie Goulding Wears Bridget Jones-Style Granny Pants Underneath Her See-Through Dress
- MTV EMAs 2013: Bruno Mars Delivers The ACTUAL Sexiest Performance Of The Night
- MTV EMAs 2013: Best And Worst Dressed On The Red Carpet - YOU Decide! (VOTE)
And she told Huffington Post UK she was in no mood to shock, although she didn't see anything wrong with it, "I can't see anything wrong with anything anyone's done recently, not naming any names."
Goulding, who presented an award during the ceremony in Amsterdam, also told us of her delight at her song 'Mirror' being used in 'The Hunger Games' sequel 'Catching Fire', in UK cinemas later this month.
"It's a real honour to be on the soundtrack. I'm very proud of the song, I made it about a year ago, and it's very special to me."
Other stars on the red carpet for one of the music calendar's biggest nights included Katy Perry, Kings of Leon, 30 Seconds to Mars, Iggy Azalea and Miley Cyrus.
The 2013 MTV EMA ceremony is repeated in full tonight (Monday 11 November) at 6.30pm on MTV UK