The man convicted of murdering five-year-old April Jones has dropped his plans to appeal against his whole-life tariff.
The Judicial Office confirmed that Mark Bridger had abandoned the application on Monday.
The 47-year-old kidnapped the child before sexually abusing her, murdering her and disposing of her body.
The former slaughterhouse worker was given the whole-life sentence by trial judge Mr Justice Griffith Williams after he was convicted by a jury at Mold Crown Court
It was originally thought that Bridger's appeal bid would be heard by leading judges at the Court of Appeal in London on January 24.
Bridger, a father-of-six, snatched April near her home in Machynlleth, Mid Wales, on October 1 last year. Her body has never been found.
Sentencing Bridger in May, Mr Justice Griffith Williams said: ''There is no doubt in my mind that you are a paedophile, who has for some time harboured sexual and morbid fantasies about young girls.''
He said Bridger abducted April for a ''sexual purpose'' after he had been jilted by his girlfriend and then murdered the schoolgirl and disposed of her body to ''hide the evidence of your sexual abuse of her''.
Police believe Bridger dismembered April before dumping her body parts at various locations in the hills, rivers and forests surrounding his home in Ceinws, Mid Wales, after traces of her blood were found all over his rented cottage.
The judge said: ''How you disposed of her body must remain a mystery. It will serve no purpose for me to speculate as to what happened but all the indications are that you burnt at least a part of her in the wood burner.''
Fewer than 50 other criminals in the UK have been handed sentences which mean they must spend the rest of their lives behind bars.
Others serving whole-life terms include Moors Murderer Ian Brady, who tortured and murdered children along with accomplice Myra Hindley.