Now that Google has officially launched its Glass 'Explorer' programme in the UK, it should be fairly simple to get yourself on the list (finally).
Yes, it's been a long wait, but the big G is ready to take your cash for a wearable camera-screen-phone hybrid...
Here's how to go about it:
- First up, you'll need to gather £1,000 in pennies. Also make sure you have an Android phone running at least Android 4.0.3
- If you're not sure whether to take the leap and hand it over, you can sign up to a Basecamp demo at Google Campus this Friday and Saturday.
- Then you'll need to head to Google's UK Explorer website which you can find here.
- Enter the sign up process via the big button, and hand over your credit card details and other information. You'll need a Google Wallet too.
- You might also want to consider getting a different frame or lens for your Glass -- see all the styles at this website.
- The glass comes with a USB charger, but you might also want to think about finding a case for it.
Here are the tech specs for the device:
- Photos - 5 MP
- Videos - 720p
- Bone conduction audio
- 12GB memory
- One-day battery
- Adjustable nosepads and durable frame fits any face.
- Extra nosepads in two sizes.