We've all been there, standing in front of the mirror with liquid eyeliner in our hand wondering, "Shall I? Shan't I?" Don't pretend it's not a big deal when you decide to commit to the feline flick - we all know what a total bitch liquid liner is to get off your face/out of your eyeball if you don't have the steadiest of steady hands.
So without further ado here are five unbearable truths about liquid eyeliner and attempting to apply it properly...
1. You get the shakes. You normally have the un-trembling hands of a brain surgeon but the moment you pick up that liquid liner, it all goes to shit. Someone once told you using a teaspoon as a stencil is the key to perfecting the liquid liner flick. You keep meaning to try it but who can really be arsed to run down to the cutlery drawer mid makeup application? The answer is no one.
2. You drop it on the carpet. After getting the shakes under control you then lose the ability to grip and drop the implement on the carpet. It falls from your hand in horrendous slow motion before splattering all over the cream shag pile. You knew this was a bad idea.
3. You stain the whites of your eyes. If you somehow manage to avoid both #1 and #2 then #3 is bound to happen. Everything is going well until you accidentally poke yourself in the eye. It didn't really hurt so you're not too bothered... Then you look at yourself in the mirror. Say goodbye to the whites of your eye, they're now a murky grey. Attractive.
4. You're late for whatever occasion prompted you to think liquid eyeliner was a good idea. Applying liquid eyeliner adds another half an hour to your beauty regime, but of course you didn't factor in the extra time and now you're late.
5. When you succeed it's the best... But then you cry. After struggling your way through you've finally done it and are super proud of your efforts. Well done you. But then it turns out to be the day you end up crying in the toilets at work. And just like that, it's back to the start...
The Truth About Getting A Massive Spot
Five Things That Happen When Your Period Is Late
Five Things Only Girls Who Dye Their Hair Will Understand