MORE GOLDEN GLOBES:
- Golden Globes 2015: Complete Winners List
- All The Snaps From The Red Carpet
- Red Carpet Style: The Best And Worst Dressed Stars
- Helen Mirren Shows Her Support For The 'Je Suis Charlie' Campaign
- Benedict Cumberbatch And Fiancée Sophie Make Their First Appearance Since Pregnancy News
- Benedict Cumberbatch Photo-Bombs Meryl Streep
- 'Downton' Actress Joanne Froggatt Tackles Serious Issue With Acceptance Speech
- George Clooney Reveals Depth Of Love For Amal In Swooning Speech
- Eddie Redmayne Triumphs Over Benedict Cumberbatch At Golden Globes
- Hosts Tina Fey, Amy Poehler Use Golden Globes To SLAM Bill Cosby
The ‘Girls’ creator, who was nominated in the Best Actress category for her portrayal of Hannah in the HBO series, admitted to Ryan Seacrest that she was so fed up of Twitter trolls that she was trying to abandon the website completely.
Speaking on the red carpet at the ceremony, where ‘Girls’ was also nominated for Best Musical or Comedy, she revealed: “I deleted Twitter because I’m trying to create a safer place for myself emotionally… people threaten my life and tell me what a cow I am."
However, her social media detox can’t be going that well, as she later tweeted from the awards bash that a fellow actor had caught her doing something pretty embarrassing.
— Lena Dunham (@lenadunham) January 12, 2015
Lena added: “I check it occasionally, but it's not the same co-dependence Twitter and I once shared.
"It's the dark side of the Internet. There's a lot of people I love on Twitter, but unfortunately you can't read those without reading deranged Neocons telling you you should be buried under a pile of rocks.”
Before the show kicked off, Lena caused a stir with a photo she posed for on Instagram, which showed her posing in a dressing gown while wearing a pair of nipple covers and some grey sweatpants.
After the cheeky picture created a buzz online, Lena clearly felt like being a bit more imaginative, and found another unique way of wearing them.
Well, that’s one way to turn heads on the red carpet, we suppose...