Ed was honoured with the much-coveted British Album Of The Year award for his latest release ‘x’, while he was also named Best British Male Solo Artist over the likes of George Ezra and Paolo Nutini.
Meanwhile Sam was given the Global Success award, for being the British act who has achieved the most in his career overseas in the past 12 months, as well as the British Breakthrough Act gong.
Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran
One Direction’s die-hard fan base weren’t exactly happy to see Royal Blood come out on top in the category of Best British Group, though they got their own back when it came to voting for Best British Video, which was awarded to 1D for ‘You & I’.
Paloma Faith also scooped her first ever Brit Award, having previously been nominated twice before in the category of Best British Female Solo Artist, and she made up for lost time with a seriously lengthy speech.
Check out the full list of winners from the night below…
BRIT AWARDS 2015 WINNERS LIST:
- British Male Solo Artist: Ed Sheeran
- British Group: Royal Blood
- International Female Solo Artist: Taylor Swift
- British Female Solo Artist: Paloma Faith
- Global Success: Sam Smith
- International Male Solo Artist: Pharrell Williams
- British Single: Mark Ronson - Uptown Funk, feat. Bruno Mars
- International Group: Foo Fighters
- British Breakthrough Act: Sam Smith
- British Artist Video: One Direction - ‘You & I’
- British Album Of The Year: Ed Sheeran - ‘x’