Roger Helmer hasn't always demonstrated an iron grip of scientific concepts. But he's got this one just about bang on.
The Ukip MEP was just as mesmerised by the gloomy wonder of the solar eclipse as the rest of the country.
And it was then that he had a moment of absolute and perfect clarity.
Helmer, a climate change sceptic who once described global warning as "grossly exaggerated", may be attempting to make a quip about cause of the planet's rising temperatures.
At least, that's what his followers think. Which led to reactions like this...
The Huffington Post UK has reached out to Helmer for further clarification on his tweet.
Ukip politicians have regularly graced the pages of this website for their unorthodox views on freak weather events.
Last year, Ukip councillor David Silvester, who resigned from the Conservative Party over David Cameron’s same-sex marriage policy, said gay marriage is to blame for Britain's flooding in a letter to The Henley Standard.
He wrote: "Since the passage of the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act, the nation has been beset by serious storms and floods." He was later suspended from the party.
- Solar Eclipse 2015 Pictures, Livestream And Twitter Reaction
- Solar Eclipse Pictures: Best Images From Around The UK
- Could Bad Weather Cloud Our View Of The Sun?
- Solar Eclipse Glasses Won't Save You From The 'Day Of Judgement', Warn Pastors
- Fake Solar Eclipse 2015 Pictures: Don't Be Fooled
- International Space Station Solar Eclipse Picture ISN'T Real, That Hasn't Stopped Twitter
- 13 People Who Thought The Solar Eclipse Was Utterly Rubbish