Your dog can be just as much part of the family as a child can be.
Add a newborn baby into the mix and things could get a little confusing for your pet.
That was the view of these new parents who filmed a home video introducing their newborn, who they'd just brought home from the hospital, to their dog in a 'how to' style video.
The three-minute video gives a step-by-step guide to how they introduced their dog to their newborn.
- First, the new mum enters by herself and greets the dog, giving him a stroke and telling him he's a good boy.
- Daddy and baby don't enter until the dog has been calmed down and told to sit down.
- Daddy and baby enter while the dog is laying down, and slowly crouch down so the dog can erm, sniff the baby.
- If the dog gets too excited, the dad stands up again until he has calmed down.
- Warning: this part might take a few tries.
- Finally the dog will understand and lay down, showing you he isn't going to harm the little baby.
- Congratulate the dog for being careful and give him some love.
Voila... they make it look pretty easy, don't you think?