A woman has told of her horror after she found insects had made a home inside her beauty blender.
The tool is an elliptical-shaped sponge which is used to blend makeup such as foundation or powder onto the face, without leaving streaks.
After finding black spots on her beauty blender, Stevie Miller, 20, decided to take matters into her own hands and investigate how they'd got there.
Miller, who is from Suffolk, videoed the fraught yet comical moment she cut open her beauty blender and discovered bugs had been living inside it.
"I noticed there was a small hole in my beauty blender," she said in a video posted on her Facebook page. "I hadn't had it that long so I was a bit dubious as to how it got there."
Opening the small hole wider to see inside it, she noticed there was something black inside the sponge.
"I assumed that something from my makeup bag had, sort of, got stuck in there because my makeup bag's a bit of a mess," she explained.
But that was far from being the case.
With tweezers, Miller decided to pull out the offending article and realised that it was a bug, which she described as having "the texture of a beetle".
While videoing the experience, and Facetiming her mum and sister (for support), Miller began to freak out "big time". Then she made another shocking discovery in her makeup sponge - a wing that was "the size of a penny".
She then took a pair of scissors to the sponge to find out what else was inside.
Cutting into it, Miller described how she was "shitting her pants" as she snipped away at the beauty blender, which she'd bought online. She then pulled out another creature which had burrowed into the sponge.
After getting over the initial shock of it all, Miller then began to mourn the loss of her beauty blender which was from an "Authorised Reseller online".
At the end, Miller arranged the insects she found inside her sponge onto a piece of paper before exclaiming that she'll probably end up getting "some skin disease".
"I need a shower, I need bleach, I need Jesus," she added.
After posting her video of the ordeal to Facebook, it went viral and has now been watched more than 1.5 million times.
Miller tells HuffPost UK Lifestyle: "It was horrific, I was freaking out and cringing so bad knowing I had been using that on my face. And they'd been in there the whole time.
"My hands were shaking so bad, and people have laughed over how nervous, scared and freaked out I was... But seriously, there were bugs in a sponge that I used on my face... BUGS!"