- Terry Wogan Dead: Beloved Irish Broadcaster Dies Aged 77
- Stars Pay Tribute To The Late Terry Wogan
- Sir Terry Wogan's Life In Pictures
- This Clip Of Terry Wogan Reading 'Janet And John' Will Have You Smiling
- Terry Wogan's Radio 2 Breakfast Show Sign-Off Feels All The More Poignant Now (VIDEO)
The broadcasting legend’s family confirmed the star had passed away after a short battle with cancer.
The family statement read: "Sir Terry Wogan died today after a short but brave battle with cancer.
"He passed away surrounded by his family. While we understand he will be missed by many, the family ask that their privacy is respected at this time."
But despite the sadness, fans will always remember Terry for his warmth, silliness and great sense of humour - all of which are present and correct in this hilarious clip (above) of him reading a parody of the ‘Janet and John’ children’s stories in 2008.
A regular fixture of his Radio 2 breakfast shows, the ‘Janet and John’ stories saw Terry trying his hand at various voices, which invariably led to him struggling to make it through to the end of the story without losing it completely.
It’s infectious stuff, and a great reminder of what a truly unique broadcaster he was.
Take it away Terry...