Meet 'Connie', it's the result of a partnership between Hilton Hotels and the IBM Watson supercomputer team to create the world's first artificially intelligent robot concierge.
Connie isn't your average AI-powered robot. For starters it's not secretly trying to overthrow humanity (we think) and secondly just look at it, how could anything as cute as that try and enslave the human race.
- Google DeepMind's Artificial Intelligence AlphaGo Beats Go Champion Lee Sedol
- Elon Musk Backs Artificial Intelligence Research Centre To Keep Killer Robot Wars At Bay
- World Economic Forum: Robots And Artificial Intelligence To Wipe Out 5.1 Million Jobs By 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Could One Day Become Religious
- If We Get Robots to Make Art, They Won't Bother to Make War
What makes Connie special though is its ability to employ something called machine learning. Every time you ask Connie a question about nearby shops, the restaurants or even where the gym facilities are it'll learn to answer that question better next time.
Using Watson's processing power as the brains Connie is then able to listen to questions, and then respond in natural language format which essentially means it'll talk to you as though it is a human being as well.
Connie's body is in fact a NAO robot built by Softbank Robotics. The company has been investing heavily in the arena of customer-facing robots and already has some of its models working in banks, shops and airports.
Robots In 2016: These Are The Robots And Drones That Will Change Our Lives