Diamonds may be forever, but sapphires are soaring in popularity when it comes to engagement rings.
According to auction house Bonhams, there's been a major resurgence of interest in coloured, with more and more couples choosing sapphires to affirm their commitment.
The Duchess of Cambridge famously sports her late mother-in-law's sapphire and diamond ring, Javier Bardem presented a three carat sapphire ring to actress Penelope Cruz to mark their engagement and Victoria Beckham has added a large oval cut sapphire to her collection of engagement rings.
According to the head of jewellery at Bonhams, sapphires symbolise truth, sincerity and faithfulness – the perfect ingredients for an upcoming marriage.
Check out our pick of the most stunning sapphire styles on the market, to suit a whole range of budgets:
- Anna Sheffield Bea Three Stone Ring - Blue SapphireAnna Sheffield
- Jennie Kwon Painters Blue Sapphire RingCatbird NYC
- Ernest Jones 9ct White Gold Created Sapphire Diamond RingErnest Jones
- Ila Melika Sapphire RingCatbird NYC
- Anna Sheffield Oval Rosette Ring - Blue SapphireAnna Sheffield
- Tiffany & Co. Three Stone With Sapphire Side StonesTiffany
- Lauren Wolf Blue Sapphire RingCatbird NYC
- Ernest Jones 9ct White Gold Created Sapphire & Cubic Zirconia RingErnest Jones
- Anna Sheffield Elongated Rosette Ring - Blue SapphireAnna Sheffield
- H. Samuel 9ct White Gold Diamond And Sapphire Vintage Bridal SetH. Samuel