When you’ve forked out 70 quid for a candle, you want it to, you know, work rather than explode.
So spare a thought for the woman who was gifted one of Gwyneth Paltrow’s luxe candles from her Goop lifestyle brand, only for it to go up in the wrong kind of flames when it exploded in her London home.
And, this wasn’t just any old candle. It was a vagina-scented candle, which the Goop website describes as having “a funny, gorgeous, sexy, and beautifully unexpected scent.”
Gwynnie has described it as “a little bit punk rock.”
The candle is “made with geranium, citrusy bergamot, and cedar absolutes juxtaposed with Damask rose and ambrette seed,” none of which are normally found in a vagina.
After Londoner Jody Thompson lit the candle, it “exploded and emitted huge flames, with bits flying everywhere.”
“I’ve never seen anything like it. The whole thing was ablaze and it was too hot to touch. There was an inferno in the room,” she told The Sun.
Twitter, naturally, had a lot of thoughts…
We’re happy to report that all ended well after Jody “eventually got it under control and threw it out the front door.”
The candle is still available on the Goop site.