Asparagus season is upon us, meaning it’s time to give the delightful green vegetable more airtime on your plate.
Sautéed asparagus - topped off with some rock salt and fresh, zesty lemon slices - is sure to make a tasty addition to your brunch, fish fillet or chicken dish.
This clip from RealSimple.com reveals how to cook it in a matter of minutes - until it’s perfectly tender.
Here’s how to make it:
:: Wash the asparagus and snap off the ends (as per the video).
:: Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil into a frying pan on a medium heat.
:: Add in your asparagus and sauté for approximately 6-7 minutes until they are just tender.
:: Take out of the pan and pop on a plate, sprinkle some rock salt and garnish with lemon slices.
For those who don’t really do asparagus - or haven’t yet given it the chance it deserves - now’s the time to get involved.
Conversely, if you’re something of an asparagus veteran and are looking for a new way to spruce up an old favourite, check out these recipes below...
- 1Asparagus Couscous
- 2Asparagus Goat Cheese Galette
- 3Asparagus, Pea And Broccoli Rabe Saute
- 4Bacon Wrapped Caramelized Sesame Asparagus
- 5Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad
- 6Springtime Farro Salad
- 7Ravioli With Sauteed Asparagus And Walnuts
- 8Roasted Garlic Asparagus With Feta
- 9Soy Balsamic Chicken Thighs With Asparagus
- 10Beef and Asparagus Stir Fry
- 11Quick Asparagus and Ham Egg Cups
- 12Cheesy Asparagus and Potato Casserole
- 13Asparagus Spinach Pesto Pasta
- 14Asian Asparagus Slaw
- 15Green Goddess Pasta
- 16Easy Cheesy Asparagus Tortellini Bake
- 17Spinach and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken On Asparagus
- 18Lemony Chicken Stir-Fry With Asparagus
- 19Roasted Cauliflower And Asparagus Soup
- 20 Salmon And Asparagus In Foil
- 21Scrambled Egg And Roasted Asparagus Toasts
- 22Asparagus Salad With Roasted Chickpeas
- 23Ham And Asparagus Crepes
- 24Spicy BBQ Chickpea And Crispy Polenta Bowls With Asparagus
- 25Kale And Asparagus Salad