Jamie Oliver apprehended a man who had attempted to burgle his house last week, it has been revealed.
The celebrity chef gave chase after he tried to break into the star’s £8.9m North London home on Tuesday (4 September).
It is understood the burglar had also tried to break into other properties on the street in Highgate – including one believed to belong to Kate Moss.
According to witnesses, the 43-year-old - who was at home with his wife Jools and his five children at the time of the incident - then seized the man until police arrived.
The chef told the BBC: “It’s not a situation you want to get involved with, it was what it was and it ended OK.”
A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police told BBC News: “Police were called to reports of an aggressive male attempting to gain entry to residential addresses in N6.
“The male was apprehended by members of the public and was subsequently detained by police.
“He was taken to a north London police station and was subsequently released with no further action.”
It’s unclear why the man was released without charge, but the MailOnline are reporting it is down to a lack of evidence or the suspect suffering from mental health problems.
A neighbour The Mirror: “It was just a brave, selfless thing to do.
“Despite the clearly very hairy situation, Jamie was laughing and joking with the coppers saying they’d done a great job to arrive so quickly after the 999 call.
“Everyone is really thankful for his quick thinking and courage.”