25/07/2020 08:48 BST

Katie Price Hits Back At Trolls Following Death Of Daughter’s Puppy: ‘It Was A Freak Accident, No One Is To Blame’

Rolo, the French bulldog puppy, died at the star’s Surrey mansion earlier this week.

Katie Price has opened up about the tragic death of her daughter’s puppy after the reality star and model was targeted by trolls.

The mum-of-five surprised 13-year-old Princess with a French bulldog puppy three weeks ago for her birthday.

However, the puppy, called Rolo, died at the star’s Surrey mansion after getting stuck under a chair and suffocating.

In a video shared on her official YouTube channel, Katie has now spoken out about the dog’s death, explaining she decided to buy her daughter Rolo after her dog Sparkle died in February.

“It’s a bit doom and gloom,” Katie began. “I feel we have to do this because me and Princess are getting a lot of stick and I don’t understand why.

“At the end of the day, Princess’ dog Rolo tragically died and we’re absolutely devastated.

“Having to make that phone call to my daughter is the worst thing in the world, because I don’t want to make her heartbroken. She’s literally been heartbroken twice by something she’s genuinely fallen in love with. She doted on that dog. It’s not even our fault it’s happened. I don’t even know what to say.”

Explaining how Rolo died, the 42-year-old said: “Basically I was in the other room, because we’re going on holiday, packing their suitcases, and there were five people in the other room. So people saying the puppy was left [alone], it wasn’t left at all. And it just got stuck under one of the chairs.

“It’s just awful … It absolutely wasn’t anybody’s fault, it was an absolute freak accident. I still can’t believe it, I’m still in shock about it, to be honest. It’s just a freak accident. 

“The vet said what happened with the dog is really common, they’re small puppies, getting into small spaces, [they] suffocate…”

Katie also revealed that she tried to save Rolo’s life but it was sadly too late.

“As soon as we found the dog I said, ‘Oh my god, he’s got to still be alive’. I tried to start compressing his chest. I took him to the vet straight away and he was pronounced dead.

“There was nothing they could do, but they did say he wouldn’t have died in pain, it was quick. We’re having to deal with the dog, and as a mum I just feel for Princess, it’s awful. 

“At the end of the day it’s poor Princess’ dog that’s gone, we’re all distraught, the whole family.”

Katie also insisted that people shouldn’t be blaming her family, or the breeders they got Rolo from. 

“It’s just a tragic accident and no one is to blame,” she added. “For everyone who is supporting us, thanks so much for your support.  And as for trolls, like I say, it’s so unnecessary.”