'Learning to Drive', in cinemas now, is a feel-good, coming of (middle) age comedy about a mismatched pair who help each other overcome life’s road blocks.
Wendy (Patricia Clarkson) is a fiery Manhattan book critic whose husband has just left her for another woman; Darwan (Sir Ben Kingsley) is a softly-spoken taxi driver from India on the verge of an arranged marriage.
When Wendy hires Darwan to teach her to drive in a bid to reclaim her independence, her unravelling life and his calm restraint seem like an awkward fit but as he teaches her to take control of the wheel, their unlikely friendship awakens them to the possibility of starting a life anew.
To celebrate the film’s release, in cinemas now, we take a look at some of the biggest fails in the driving world, from disaster parking to the knocks some of us suffer along the road.
- I can definitely fit in that space. Can’t I?
- Sorry, I thought that was the brake...
- I can get a double decker bus through there.
- Not enough space for both of us. No problem. I’ll just use the path
- I’m just going to drive into this nice space here…
- I think it could be time to stop driving
- The age-old... I forgot to put my handbrake on
'Learning to Drive' is in cinemas now. Here's an exclusive clip below: