If that’s the case, it seems streaming service Netflix is already gearing up to provide an alternative kind of Christmas, where you get all the festive cheer you require, but with the convenience of a takeaway, rather than gazing through the oven door.
Whether you’re in the mood for some traditional Christmas titles, or something a little more... Scrooge-like, they do appear to have thought of everything. Here’s our pick - what will you be watching?
- For those wanting MORE festive cheer, A Christmas Detour
- A Royal Christmas
- All I want for Christmas
- Deck the Halls
- Home Alone
- A Very Murray Christmas
- Arthur Christmas
- Some Christmas classics too, including A Moody Christmas...
- Black Adder
- The Royle Family - Christmas Special 2000
- A niche title, perhaps ... Pee-Wee Playhouse Christmas Special
- For those officially NOT in the mood, there's Black Mirror Series 1...
- Stranger Things
- The Amityville Horror
Finally, for those who like their titles even MORE traditional, vote for which one of these films on network TV you already know you’ll be watching (again).