That’s got nothing to do with its gruesomeness, but more the fact that it mimics the fragile situations we often find ourselves in of a weekend.
Here’s the stages of a hangover, as told by the show....
1. When you wake up not even knowing your own name
2. When you realise you’ve already slept through the brunch date you arranged with your parents
3. When you have to do the walk of shame
4. When the fear then begins to creep in
5. Then come the flashbacks
6. When you decide to call for reassurance
7. When your mates start filling in the blanks
8. But they just don’t understand the dark, dark place you are in at that moment
9. When you then actually feel worse for having called them
10. When you begin the hunt for your missing dignity
11. When you can no longer ignore the alcohol fumes that are seeping out of every pore
12. When you take a 30-minute shower hoping the water will wash away all the shame
13. When you text that person from Tinder to apologise for the onslaught of drunken messages you left them the night before
14. When you ask your housemates to just hold you gently and quietly
15. When you raid the house for anything and everything to make you feel more human
16. When the Dominos delivery man arrives with your family meal deal you intend on eating just for one
17. When you then regret eating a large pizza, two sides and a drinking whole bottle of Fanta
18. When someone suggests a hair of the dog
19. But then you come round to their way of thinking
20. And before you know it, you’re out again
Stranger Things 3 arrives on Netflix on 4 July.