Last year, shortly after the most recent series of Strictly came to an end, Chris revealed he’d already agreed to take part in this year’s competition, but has since pointed out he’s yet to sign on the dotted line.
And during Tuesday’s edition of his Virgin Radio breakfast show, the broadcaster seemed less sure about whether he’d be putting on his dancing shoes after all.
Chris was speaking to actor (and apparent Strictly superfan) Andrew Garfield, when the subject of his Strictly future came up, to which he said: “ I’ve got an issue with my left meniscus.”
When Andrew seemed skeptical, Chris responded: “Do you not believe me? Do you think I may be bottling it?”
Shortly after this, Chris wrapped up the interview, before insisting: “I’m not trying to fudge the meniscus question… Anyway, thank you Andrew - see ya.”
Andrew said on the subject: “When I heard you [Chris] were doing it, I thought: ‘You have to give the people what they want’ and that is what everyone in this country wants.”
He also revealed watching Strictly had become his “favourite new past time”, admitting he’d become “overly invested” in Stacey Dooley’s victory last year.
Chris has already been quite loose-lipped on the subject of what he knows about next year’s Strictly, previously letting slip that his friend Fearne Cotton might also be on the line-up.
When comedian Alan Carr’s name was mentioned in the press as a potential competitor, Chris said on his former Radio 2 show: “I don’t know if he’s said yes but I know somebody else that has and they’ve got their first meeting tomorrow. He’s definitely not the first, he may well be the second.”
Strictly will return to our screens later this year, with almost the same professional line-up as last year, minus departing star Pasha Kovalev, who has chosen to leave the show after eight years.