The problem with hosting a show with one of your best mates is that when one of you gets the giggles, it’s pretty hard to recover from - something that ‘This Morning’ hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield will definitely be able to attest to.
Considering it airs during the day, it’s pretty remarkable that the ITV show has become almost as famous for its saucy double-entendres as it is for its helpful cooking segments and shocking celebrity interviews, with Holly and Phil often struggling to keep a straight face when their co-host royally puts their foot in it.
To make matters worse, the show airs live, meaning that whoever it is that’s made the slip-up has no choice but to at least try and gather themselves in front of the nation. The whole country can do nothing but watch as the presenters giggle like 11-year-olds at something that (in most cases, at least) is actually completely innocent.
Not that we’re complaining, of course. ‘This Morning’ innuendos are something we can’t help but laugh at ourselves, and have become a huge part of the show’s success over the last three decades.
As it celebrates its 30th birthday, we’ve rounded up 14 of our favourites (and trust us, narrowing it down was a tough job) for you to have a chuckle at.
Here’s to another 30 years of naughtiness!
- 'Maybe she just needs cream!'
- 'Once it's in I love it!'
- 'I've got a tinted blow job waiting for me'
- 'It is actually... it's coming between you'
- 'He's never coming in my keyhole, let me tell you that'
- 'Still to come...'
- 'I've never gone to sleep with it in my hand'
- 'Do me! Do me!'
- 'Her embarrassing gaffe'
- 'You fork the spaghetti, you fork whatever you want...'
- 'Now you've got a wet sausage'
- 'I've never whizzed it all over the kitchen'
- 'It has gone up, hasn't it?'
- 'You don't mind dunking a bit of beef, do you?'
- 'I've still got a mouthful of beef'