I'm fairly certain that most of my single friends think that since I'm a newlywed, there is nothing I could possibly want- don't I have it all? Besides the pair of over the knee boots I've been eyeing for months, yes, at least when it comes to matters of the heart I feel pretty satisfied to say the least.
However, tis' the season of giving and of course, receiving, so that doesn't mean that a (married) girl doesn't have a few things she wouldn't mind finding wrapped under the tree on Christmas morning.
Here are the top ten things married people want for Christmas.
1. A few super cool pairs of "couple friends" to choose from who share the same interests, are in the same life stage and the husbands and wives both get along, respectively. This is the big ticket item, Santa.
2. The ability to eat whatever you ate when you were still single, once in a while, and not be judged. For me, this includes sugary cereal for dinner, a side of brie and wine for dessert. Don't look at me like that.
3. Our single friends to not completely ignore us and treat us like the boring senior citizens we may or may not be. I mean, yeah, usually we'll opt to stay in with Netflix on a Friday night but we still appreciate invitation to all your parties!
4. For everyone in the universe to stop asking, "So, when are you going to have kids?"
5. On that note, for everyone in the universe to stop asking, "So, how does it feel?" in regards to being married. It feels exactly the same as when we were dating and engaged, I promise.
6. Really boring things like household items, tools, and kitchenware. We are married, after-all, nothing excites us quite like the dream of domestic bliss.
7. Two bathrooms. If you are married and share a bathroom, you'll at least beg Santa for double sinks.
8. Holidays that don't require multiple stops to see both sets of in-laws, not that we're complaining, it's just a lot of work, a lot of food and a lot of small talk.
9. Freedom from the trap of comparing our marriage to ones we see in movies or on social media, especially Instagram where everything is perfect.
10. The ability to retain our solo identities without negating the fact that we are married to the love of our lives. I'm much more than just so-and-so's wife, seriously.