Last weekend, at the age of 22, I moved out of my parents house to live with *cue dramatic music* ... a boy.
And, sorry boyf, but I'm kinda freaking out about it.
When we made the decision to move in together, I was pretty chilled about the prospect of living with my boyfriend.
We've been together for nearly two and a half years, and doing the whole 'what time are you going to be in so I can Skype you? Oh wait, I'm going out now' long-distance shebang was becoming irritating.
So moving in together seemed like the most logical thing to do.
That was, until I started to tell people our news. Instead of receiving the "congratulations" I'd anticipated, reactions from friends and family have ranged from harmless teasing - "whoah that's a big step" - to the downright accusational -"isn't that a bit soon?".
Now that I've let all those annoying, fear-mongering people into my head (yep, I'm talking to you, Pessimistic Paula) here are the things I'm scared about.
I'm shit scared that...
1) My mates will think I'm too 'mature' to have fun.
-Guys, just because I live with a boy, it doesn't mean I'm ready to swap nights out for Corrie and IKEA, okay?
2) He's going to find out how messy I really am.
- Unfortunately shoving things in cupboards and putting something in front of the door to wedge it shut (like I used to do when he visited for the weekend) will no longer be an option.
3) He'll soon realise that, in reality, my underwear drawer rivals Bridget Jones's.
- It's so easy to live a black lace lie when you only see someone once a week.
4) Friends will start asking if we're going to get married.
- It's already started with relatives. The quick answer: erm no, it's a house warming party, not an engagement party. Back off already!
5) He'll realise I lied when I said girls don't poo.
- Yeah, about that...
6) We'll start to argue about petty things.
- A debate about 'scatter cushion colours' has already occurred. It got pretty tense.
7) I'll throw his Xbox out the window within the first month.
- And we'll live in grumpy silence for the remaining 11 months of the tenancy agreement.
8) I'll never have sex again. Ever.
- Partly because of the aforementioned Bridget knickers and poo. Partly because we'll never need to do it RIGHT NOW again.
9) We'll ruin everything about our relationship that's been great up until now.
- In all seriousness, this is my biggest fear. Have we rushed into this too quickly? I guess there's only one way to find out...