With Christmas shopping at the front of everyone's mind at the moment, scouring the High Street and searching online for the right gift at the BEST price can feel time consuming. There is SO much to do and only a few weeks left to get it all done. BUT is the effort worth it? Well I really think so, as comparing the prices of some of the most popular gifts this year shows that there can be as much as £50 or even £100 difference on some of the big ticket items! Shopping around is SO important BUT the team at LetsSaveSomeMoney has done some of the hard work for you! Here we go through ten of the most popular festive purchases and where you can find them at the BEST price.
1. Furby Boom - £49.99 Argos vs £60 in Boots
2. GHD V Styler (Ruby) - £89 look fantastic vs £119 in Toni and Guy
3. Flutterbye Fairy - £29.99 Argos vs £37 in Amazon
4. Canon EOS 700D 18.0 MP Digital SLR Camera (S 18-55mm IS STM lens) - £459 Jessops vs £539 in Boots
5. Xbox 360 Slim 4GB- £129 Amazon vs £164.99 at Play.com
6.Jimmy Choo Eau de Parfum 40ml Spray - £27.95 All Beauty (formerly Cheap Smells) vs £43.95 in Selfridges
7. iPad Mini 16gb black - £228 Amazon vs £479 at Apple
8. Armani Pour Homme Sport Code Eau de Toilette 50ml Spray - £38.25 John Lewis vs £44.95 at The Fragrance Shop
9. LeapPad Ultra (green) - £79.99 Amazon vs £99.99 at Smyths Toys
10. Women's Classic Short Ugg boots - £79.95 Outlet plus vs £150 at Ugg Australia
By shopping around for these gifts you can save around £525!!
If you want to compare the prices on your other yuletide gifts, check out sites like pricerunner, kelkoo or theranktank. Using a community site like HotUKDeals is also worth spending time on as you will often be the first to hear about price drops and even price glitches that can make your festive cash go so much further.
When you are buying popular gifts, it is so important to shop around. However, for more unique gifts, this Saturday is the brilliant Small Business Saturday where customers are being encouraged to 'Shop Small' and buy their festive haul from independent shops. It is lovely to support your local stores but the MAJOR benefit to consumers is that American Express are offering £5 statement credit to anyone spending £10 or more on Saturday in any participating small business. That can quickly cut the cost of your Christmas shopping! To sign up, card members must register their Card at amexshopsmall.co.uk/register and you can find which shops are taking part at amexshopsmall.co.uk/map