Staff at TIME have been left fuming after Beyoncé released a surprise album just days after the magazine chose the Pope as their Person Of The Year.
"I told them we should wait a few weeks for any late entries," one unnamed staffer told HuffPost UK Comedy. "But they wouldn't listen. Now look what's happened."
"Beyoncé unexpectedly dropping a new album is a complete game-changer," said another. "There's nothing Pope Francis could have done to beat this... except for releasing an album. And even then, he'd have to better 14 new songs and 17 videos."
Beyoncé is now expected to be a last-minute entry on at least 500 end-of-year lists, including 2013's Best Albums and 2013's Most Overrated Albums.
The Pope: chosen too quickly?
(Disclaimer: Is this story a spoof? Is the Pope Catholic? It's been brought to our attention that some readers have believed it to be serious. At the risk of disappointment, we can confirm that it's a satire.)
- Five Amazing Facts About The Danish Prime Minister
- PICTURE: Mandela Selfie Shocks The World
- Ukip Councillors 'Should Be Sent Back To Where They Came From'
- Anger At MPs Rises By 11%
- WATCH: The Real Meaning Behind All Christmas Adverts
- Non-Famous Irritating White Man Still Alive
- WATCH: Apple Unveils The iCar
- Autumn Statement: The Main Pledges
- Government Announces Plans To Reduce Life Expectancy To 70
- Girls Heartbroken As Tom Daley Announces He's Attached
- PIC: Full List Of Xbox One Voice Commands
- Seven Slogans Hull Could Use In 2017
- Angry About NHS Changes? Use Our Symptom Checker
- WATCH: Game Of British Thrones
- WATCH: Government Advice On Keeping Warm
- Energy Prices: Brits Urged To Change Their Government Provider