Throughout November, The Huffington Post will run its Beyond Belief series, chronicling the remarkable lives of Britons who've taken on their faith to create a force for change
A series of unique features will examine how religion goes beyond just a faith in God or a cultural association.
In a world which sees nothing more than it sees, faith reminds me of God's transcendent love and power. #HPBeyondBelief— David Chillingworth (@bloggingbishop) October 31, 2014
Faith constantly challenges me when I make myself the centre of my own world. #HPBeyondBelief— David Chillingworth (@bloggingbishop) October 31, 2014
These will include substantial profiles of inspiring people of faith, like Rabbi Laura Janner Klausner, first female minister to lead a faith group in Britain, Vicky Beeching, Christian rock star, theologian and LGBT activist, Asim Hafiz, first Muslim chaplain for British army, and Leyla Hussain who is a Muslim FGM campaigner, plus many others.
But we'd really like you to be involved too.
We're asking the public to take part in a social media campaign we are running alongside our features and need you to tweet with the hashtag #HPBeyondBelief to tell us how you incorporate or use faith in modern life.
So get involved and tell everyone about it. We will feature the best tweets.
Delighted #HPBeyondBelief has been launched. It's about time that the non-religious but not atheists can be heard. I'm listening....— Dianne Mower (@DianneMower) November 4, 2014
My love for Jesus allows me to feel the sadness and pain that so many people in the world feel today. #HPBeyondBelief— Gordon Mitchell (@staloneuk) November 5, 2014
Faith means that I think about what I am cooking, where it is sourced etc. Drives family mad when reading all the labels! #HPBeyondBelief— Aaron Goldstein (@rabbiaaron) November 5, 2014
Being in a faith community led me and others to be in touch with those who otherwise might not see anyone in a day #HPBeyondBelief— Aaron Goldstein (@rabbiaaron) November 4, 2014
I'm also proud of my identity as a disabled person & a Christian, though this is often a struggle in context of healing #HPBeyondBelief— *♥Rachel♥* (@Rachel_On_Twit) November 5, 2014
I live to love & serve others in the paradox, power & freedom of God's scandalous yet precious gift of grace through Jesus #HPBeyondBelief— Nicola de Fontenay (@summasolitus) November 4, 2014
Suggest a correction
- PROFILE: Lauraa Janner-Klausner, Britain's Only Female Head Of Faith Took On The Religious Establishment, And Won
- PROFILE: Pamela Mhlophe Believes In The Catholic Church As Well As Supporting Sex Workers
- PROFILE:Asim Hafiz Has Never Been In Battle, But He Still Has One Of The Hardest Jobs In The British Military
- PROFILE: Leyla Hussain, The Fearless Campaigner Whose Islamic Faith Spurs Her To Break The Brutal Cycle Of FGM
- PROFILE: Vicky Beeching, The Christian Rock Star Who Came Out, Became A Gay Role Model And Found Acceptance
- PROFILE: Usha Sood, The Trailblazing Hindu Barrister Who Uses Inner Strength To Win Back Abused Women's Dowries
- Where Do The Converted Find Their Fervour? The Different 'Selling Points' Of Faiths
- The Christian Students Giving Religion A 'Tolerance' Makeover
- Tim Farron: My Faith Doesn't Dictate My Political Position - It Shapes What I Am Passionate About (BLOG)
- Sadiq Khan: My Role in Bridging the Gap Between Britain's Muslims and People of All Other Faiths (BLOG)
- Rabbi Jonathan Romain: The Conversion Merry-Go-Round
- Half Of Brits Say Religion Does More Harm Than Good, And Atheists Can Be Just As Moral