To help ease the pressure, Mrs Thom, from Bucklebury Primary school, in Reading, sent her Year Six class home on Friday 6 May with a homework assignment that would help them use their revision time "wisely".
Mrs Thom tasked her pupils with doing as many of the following activities as possible in preparation for their SATs exams:
- Go on a bike/scooter ride.
- Read a book.
- Watch your favourite TV programme
- Eat Haribo or ice cream
- Spend time with people you love
- Laugh until your tummy hurts
- Go outside and enjoy the weather
- Go for a swim or a walk
- Spend time on your favourite hobby
- See friends
- Run until you just can't anymore
- Cook or make something
- Have more Haribo or ice cream
- Play in your garden
- Do something you have never done before
Mrs Thom added: "If you feel you have to you may revise, but you can only do this for a maximum of one hour total.
"Remember - Mrs Thom is in charge of worrying - you don't need to. You are all amazing and I couldn't be more proud of you."