Police are investigating after five dogs in the same street have died this year at the hands of a suspected serial poisoner.
West Yorkshire Police are appealing for information after three dogs belonging to the same family died in Knottingley, West Yorkshire, this week.
Two dogs belonging to another family died earlier in the year.
It is believed the dogs ate meat laced with pesticide in their owners' gardens.
Georgina Wetherall, 34, told the Daily Mail she came home to find two of her dogs, Moz and Murphy, dead and another, Chloe, gasping for air, fitting and foaming at the mouth.
Mother-of-three Wetherall said: "I quickly scooped Chloe up and put her on the back seat of my car to drive her to the vet but nothing could be done to save her.
"Signing the consent form to give the vet permission to end her life was heartbreaking.
"We had her since she was a pup and she whimpered right until the very end.
"Telling my daughter Jessica was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. She was distraught.
"They weren't just dogs, they were my family and I've never felt so empty."
The Telegraph quoted local vet Michael Shewring who said there were some similarities in the dogs' deaths.
"In the case of McGuire's dogs, the owners brought in pork loin steaks from the garden which were coated in something suitably evil and suspicious.
"For two dogs to go from young, fit and healthy to seizing uncontrollably, there's no doubt these dogs were maliciously poisoned," he told the paper.
West Yorkshire Police warned dog owners in the area to be vigilant and report anything suspicious.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Charlie Banks at West Yorkshire Police on 101.