Ali Rehman Jailed For Rape After Group Assault Of Drunk 15-Year-Old Girl

Man Jailed For Rape After Group Assault Of 15-Year-Old Girl

A man was jailed for 11 years today for raping a drunken 15-year-old girl who was filmed as she was sexually assaulted by a number of men.

Ali Rehman, 26, was sentenced at Leeds Crown Court for his part in the attack on the teenager in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, in May 2010, the Crown Prosecution Service said.

The schoolgirl was "treated as little more than an object, something to use and abuse", an earlier hearing was told.

Rehman admitted raping the victim earlier this year.

Another man, Faisar Younas, who admitted sexual activity with a child, was jailed for four years today.

A third defendant, Larasab Hussain, will be sentenced later.

Earlier this year, the trial was halted after pleas were entered by Rehman, Younas and Hussain.

The court heard then how the girl was taken to three different houses in Dewsbury where she was raped and sexually assaulted.

Video clips showing the naked teenager being indecently touched by some of the men were shown to the jury during the opening of the trial.

A prosecutor told the aborted trial the video recovered on one of the men's mobile phones showed part of a series of sexual assaults on the complainant.

The barrister said: "She is seen to be distressed and naked while being abused both physically and verbally by Ali Rehman and others."

She said: "She was being treated as little more than an object, something to use and abuse."

The court heard how the girl went to Rehman's house with a friend after meeting him with the intention of buying cannabis.

They were drunk after buying a small bottle of vodka earlier in the evening and had more to drink at the house, where the girl became so drunk she could barely walk.

After the girl's friend left, the victim was taken to two more houses, where she was attacked, before she was returned to Rehman's house and found by police.

She was so drunk that Rehman carried her over his shoulder between two of the locations, the court heard.

At first the girl denied anything inappropriate had happened because she was concerned about people finding out what had happened, but she later gave a different account.

Rehman, of Tanhouse Street, Ravensthorpe, Dewsbury, admitted three counts of raping the girl and another count of attempted rape.

Younas, 23, of Textile Street, Dewsbury, admitted sexual activity with a child.

Hussain, 45, of Headfield Road, Savile Town, Dewsbury, admitted a charge of sexual assault. He will be sentenced on July 4.

Earlier this year, the CPS said it would offer no further evidence against three other men who were originally charged and involved in the same trial as Rehman, Younas and Hussain.

After today's sentencing, Andrew Horton, reviewing lawyer with the CPS Yorkshire and Humberside Rape and Serious Sexual Offences Unit, said: "This was a highly disturbing case in which the men preyed on a vulnerable child victim.

"The victim showed tremendous courage in coming forward and being prepared to give evidence at trial.

"We hope that the sentences handed down are some comfort to the victim and that she is now able to begin to rebuild her life."


What's Hot