Mountain rescue teams are to revisit the town of Machynlleth in the ongoing search for missing five-year-old April Jones.
Dyfed Powys Police have emphasised the search for April is continuing at the same level of intensity as it has been from the beginning, but that specific areas are now being targeted.
The renewed search began on Sunday with 14 members of the Brecon mountain rescue team returning to the area. The team is made up of volunteers who slept on the floor of the local leisure centre or stayed with locals to help in the search.
Chairman of Brecon MRT, Simon Woodhead told Wales Online the level of support had been "breathtaking".
Without local support it seems unlikely the operation would have been so expansive. Police said the area searched last week alone would take one person almost nine years to complete on their own.
April's disappearance has continued to send shockwaves around communities in Wales; a row broke out between parents and teachers at a Swansea primary school where parents claimed they were banned from watching their children play sports after school.
According to one parent, the gates had remained locked over fears following the disappearance of April Jones.
A parent told The South Wales Post: "parents were told that because of what had happened with April Jones that they had made a decision not to allow parents onto school grounds for after-school clubs."
April has now been missing for 16 days. Mark Bridger, 46, appeared in court last Wednesday accused of her abduction and murder, and of unlawfully disposing of and concealing her body with intent to pervert the course of justice.
Meanwhile a fund set up with donations for April's family had reached over £20,000. Facebook groups and Twitter accounts dedicated to the missing five-year-old still have thousands of followers from around the world, and are continuing to post pictures of April.
"We need to keep her beautiful face out there" one said.
Comments are closed for legal reasons.