A driver is to be charged with five sex offences as part of the investigation triggered by allegations of abuse against Jimmy Savile.
David Smith is accused of two counts of indecent assault, two of gross indecency and one of buggery in 1984, the Crown Prosecution Service said.
He is the first person to be charged under Operation Yewtree, the national investigation prompted after claims were made against disgraced TV presenter Savile.
Smith drove for BBC personalities in the 1980s, The Guardian reported.
Alison Saunders, Chief Crown Prosecutor for CPS London, said: "The CPS has carefully considered the evidence gathered as part of Operation Yewtree in relation to David Smith, who was employed as a driver at the time of the allegations.
"The CPS received a file of evidence on December 21 2012. Further enquiries were necessary and the result of those enquiries was received by the CPS on March 18.
"We have concluded, in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors, that there is sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction, and that it is in the public interest for David Smith to be charged with five offences."
The charges are two counts of indecent assault on a boy under 14 between June 1 and July 21 1984; two counts of gross indecency with a boy under 14 between the same dates and buggery of a boy under 16 between July 1 and 21 1984.
Smith, who was arrested in December last year, will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on May 8.
Scotland Yard later confirmed that Smith, 66, from Lewisham in south east London, had been charged.
The counts relate to one victim.
The force led the national investigation, Operation Yewtree, and separated its inquiries into those involving Savile, those involving Savile and others, and those involving others.
Smith was investigated under the "others" strand.