Dale Cregan is being bombard with love letters from female fans in prison, according to reports.
As the police killer is deluged with smutty shots, according to The Mirror, HuffPost researched the most infamous criminals and suspects who have gathered a bizarre collection of female fans.
Dale Cregan has collected a legion of female fans
- Most recently, the suspected Boston marathon momber, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, attracted an internet army of adoring fans who took to social media sites to declare his innocence for being “too pretty to be guilty”.
- American serial killer, rapist and kidnapper Ted Bundy often drew scores of women at the jammed courtrooms of his trials each day and allegedly received hundreds of love letters from women while he was incarcerated.
- Despite his sexual orientation, serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer is said to have had flocks of women send him letters, money, and other gifts during his time in prison.
- Peter Sutcliffe, also known as the Yorkshire Ripper, who murdered 13 women and was convicted in 1981, also received a deluge of love letters.
- Josef Fritzl, who imprisoned his daughter in a basement for 24 years, received hundreds of love letters from women following his arrest. Female fans said that Fritzl, who fathered seven children through his daughter, was "good at heart" and misunderstood.
Josef Fritzl is apparently just 'misunderstood' according to his fans
Charles Manson oddly has a collection of adoring fans
Sources: psychologytoday.com, Daily Mail, Examiner.com