The world was not in shock last night following the announcement that a relationship no one thought would last, didn't last.
"I am absolutely not gobsmacked," said one person. "I completely didn't not see this coming."
"It's just so sad," said another, "that some people thought it would last. I feel so sorry for them."
Relationship experts are still trying to work out what went right between the pair.
The couple in unhappier times
- Government Proposes New Jail Sentences
- That Leaked Email To Lib Dem MPs
- Calls For Nick Clegg To Wear The Veil In Public
- Royal Mail Issues New 'While You Were Out' Cards
- David Cameron Updates His Facebook Status
- LATEST: Tory Rebels Vote To Attack David Cameron
- Revealed: David Cameron's 'Go To War' Checklist
- Jamie Oliver's New Book Unveiled
- Government's Badger Cull Tactics Revealed
- Female Pop Star Causes Outrage With Racy On-Stage Antics
- PICS: David Cameron Flaunts His Beach Body
- PIC: Labour Responds To Cameron's Topless Beach Photos
- Fall In Number Of People Comparing GCSEs To O-Levels