The son of Adrian Mole has hit back at a newspaper after it printed extracts from his diaries which they claim prove he 'hated Britain'.
The newspaper is refusing to apologise for its article, which included the paragraph:
"As for the country that gave him and his family protection, the teenager Mole wrote in his diary: 'The Englishman is a rabid nationalist. They are perhaps the most nationalist people in the world… To lose their empire would be the worst possible humiliation... Anyway, I saw Pandora today...'"
The paper also cited Mole's staunchly feminist mother and elderly neighbour Bert Baxter as "important communist influences" on him - and attacked his teenage sweetheart Pandora Braithwaite, who went on to work for Tony Blair.
Adrian Mole's son has rebutted the newspaper's claims, saying: "While it is true that my father was profoundly in love with Pandora, the Daily Fail's claim that he 'hated Britain' is an appalling lie. The article is nothing more than a character assassination on my father, my family and the dog."
- Long-Term Unemployed Wombles 'Still Picking Litter'
- Warning To Anyone Tempted To Reveal Breaking Bad Ending
- Play Tory Party Conference Bingo!
- Married Couples Tax Breaks: Wedding Industry Responds
- VIDEO: Edinburgh Panda Watch: World's Media Gather
- Asda Inspires This Year's Must-Have Halloween Costume
- PICS: New Designs For Trafalgar Square's Fourth Plinth
- Check Out The New 'McPrickface' Burger
- LOOK: The Highlight Of Ed Miliband's Conference Speech
- Angela Merkel Wins Another 4 Years Of Being Compared To Thatcher
- Page 46 Of Apple's iOS 7 Terms & Conditions
- Can You Spot The Non-White Face On The Ukip Brochure?
- Latest Government Game: Grand Theft Osbo