The French duo also took to the stage with Nile Rodgers and Pharrell Williams and special guest Stevie Wonder to perform 'Get Lucky'.
Hip-hop duo Macklemore and Lewis picked up four awards for Best New Artist, Best Rap Album, Best Rap Song and Best Rap Performance.
Justin Timberlake won three, while Sir Paul McCartney - who was reunited with his Beatles bandmate Ringo Starr at the ceremony - won two awards.
Beyoncé and Jay-Z perform
This year's show was opened by Jay-Z and his wife Beyonce, who performed 'Drunk In Love'.
And Madonna joined Macklemore and Lewis to perform their anti-homophobia anthem 'Same Love' as more than 30 couples took part in a mass wedding.
Madonna performed with Macklemore and Lewis
It wasn't a great night for British talent with both Ed Sheeran and James Blake missing out to Macklemore and Lewis in the Best New Artist category. Calvin Harris also left empty-handed despite being nominated for Best Electronic Album and Best Dance Recording.
Seventeen-year-old New Zealander Lorde's debut hit 'Royals' scooped her two gongs for Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance.
However, Adele did win yet another award for her Bond theme, 'Skyfall', which took the prize for Best Song Written for Visual Media.
Many of the 82 winners were named at a preliminary ceremony before the show was televised.
- Record of the Year - 'Get Lucky', Daft Punk feat Pharrell Williams & Nile Rodgers
- Song of the Year - 'Royals', Lorde
- Best Country Album - 'Same Trailer Different Park', Kacey Musgraves
- Best Pop Vocal Album - 'Unorthodox Jukebox', Bruno Mars
- Best Rap/Sung Collaboration - 'Holy Grail', Jay Z featuring Justin Timberlake
- Best Rock Song - 'Cut Me Some Slack', Sir Paul McCartney with Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear
- Best Pop Duo/Group Performance - 'Get Lucky', Daft Punk feat Pharrell Williams & Nile Rodgers
- Best New Artist - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Best Rock Album - 'Celebration Day', Led Zeppelin
- Best Alternative Album - 'Modern Vampires Of The City', Vampire Weekend
- Best Music Film - 'Live Kisses', Sir Paul McCartney
- Best Music Video - 'Suit and Tie', Justin Timberlake
- Best R&B Album - 'Girl On Fire', Alicia Keys
- Best R&B Song - 'Pusher Love Girl', Justin Timberlake
- Best Rap Album - 'The Heist', Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Best Rap Song - 'Thrift Shop', Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Best Rap Performance - 'Thrift Shop', Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Best Dance/Electronica Album - 'Random Access Memories', Daft Punk
MORE GRAMMYS 2014