John Lewis's Christmas advert isn't fun and heartwarming for everyone.
Spare a thought for the Virginia man called John Lewis, who just happens to own the Twitter handle @johnlewis.
His life involves constantly explaining that his is John Lewis the man, not John Lewis the shop. But every year, when the UK's favourite Christmas advert launches, he is bombarded by an even more intense avalanche of tweets from people praising his work and saying he has made them cry.
To rectify the mistake, he's even changed his Twitter biography to: "Computer science educator, father of four, social liberal, atheist, and not a retail store."
Preparing for battle as the new John Lewis Christmas advert, Monty's Christmas, launched this morning, he tweeted that he was "battering down the hatches" and "girding the loins" for the inevitable.
.@ChrisPhilpot And it's not easy to batten ones hatches and gird ones loins at the same time, let me tell you.— John Lewis (@johnlewis) November 5, 2014
To his credit, John has remained patiently good-humoured with the mistake, and replies to many people explaining the error and pointing them to the correct Twitter account: @johnlewisretail.
- WATCH: Monty The Penguin Stars, Tom Odell Covers John Lennon's 'Real Love' For John Lewis Advert
- Here's What Went Through Our Mind As We Watched...
- BLOG: John Lewis Will Make Millions From Your Tears This Year, But That's Ok
- John Lewis £1M Christmas Advert Launches -- But Is The Hype Waning?
- Is #MontyThePenguin Better Than The Bear And The Hare?