In a completely reasonable move, a man was today fired after he was found to have punched a colleague in the face.
The attack lasted 30 seconds until someone forcibly intervened.
The man in question also verbally abused the victim so loud it could be heard throughout the building they were in.
Some of the abuse was racial in nature.
And contained the "strongest expletives and threats to sack him".
The whole thing was apparently over a steak dinner.
The victim drove himself to hospital with a bloodied face.
When the news of the man's sacking was announced the victim was blamed.
The sacked man's future looks difficult.
The world reacted.
- Jeremy Clarkson's 'Top Gear' Contract Will NOT Be Renewed, BBC Confirm
- Finally, What Really Happened That Day When 'Top Gear' Lost Jeremy Clarkson
- BLOG: The BBC Can Only Blame Itself For Jeremy Clarkson's Sacking
- Clarkson News Causes Massive Divisions On Twitter
- 'Top Gear' Producer Assaulted By Clarkson Speaks Out
- James May's Reaction To Clarkson's Sacking Sounds Familiar
- Chris Evans And Jodie Kidd Favourites To Replace Jeremy Clarkson On 'Top Gear'
- Clarkson Could Face A Police Probe Over Attack That Ended His BBC Career
- Jeremy Clarkson's Sacking Leads To Horrific Abuse For Oisin Tymon
- 11 People Who Could Replace Jeremy Clarkson As The Host Of 'Top Gear'