Former boxer Chris Eubank has been the butt of the same joke since 1997. The worst part is, he doesn't seem to get it, even after almost two decades.
The joke is, of course, a reference to the first episode of cult hit TV series 'I'm Alan Partridge', in which everyone's favourite Norwich-based radio DJ desperately wants to get back on television, so he tries spouting off a list of ridiculous show ideas to the head of programming at the BBC, all before attacking him with a lump of cheese.
Here's a few of the ideas that were rejected before that famous "smell my cheese, you mother!" line:
- A detective series based in Norwich called "Swallow". Swallow is a detective who tackles vandalism. Bit of a maverick, not afraid to break the law if he thinks it's necessary. He's not a criminal, you know, but he will, perhaps, travel 80mph on the motorway if, for example, he wants to get somewhere quickly...
- "Alan Attack!". Like the Cook Report, but with a more slapstick approach.
- "Arm Wrestling with Chas and Dave"
- "Knowing M.E., Knowing You". I, Alan Partridge, talk to M.E. sufferers about the condition. You know, we intersperse it with their favourite pop songs, make it light-hearted, you know, give them a platform, you've got to keep the energy up.
- "Inner-City Sumo". We take fat people from the inner cities, put them in big nappies, and then get them to throw each other out of a circle that we draw with chalk on the ground. Very cheap to make. Do it in a pub car park.
- "Cooking in Prison"
- "A Partridge Amongst The Pigeons"
- "Youth Hosteling with Chris Eubank"
- Monkey Tennis?
Alan Partridge fans have been replying to Chris offering him a few more ideas.
But then one killjoy decided to end the joke, because it's the internet and that's what people do.
It was fun while it lasted. And to the person who finally ruined the 18-year-long joke: